These items aren't new and aren't necessarily in working condition (though in most cases they are). Please contact us if you want to ensure one of these items is working!
Generally, 'vintage' means 'quite old', while 'used' means 'sort of modern'. However, these are quite subjective!
They are generally suitable for collectors or for display, but may also still be servicable.
Antique Brass Beck Microscope
- 1 Objective 1/6". 1 Eyepiece. No condensor, no stage clips Extensible tube. Mirror, crazed one side, cracked the other. Works, but poorly, and image is dirty (lenses could do with cleaning) ..
Admiralty Pattern Integrator [vintage]
- The integrator is in reality a flux meter, which may be defined as a moving coil galvanometer specially designed for the measurement of magnetic fields, its deflections being determined solely by the total quantity of electricity discharged through the moving coil and being practically independent o..
An Account of Lord Bacon's Novum Organon Scientiarum [vintage]
- An Account of Lord Bacon's Novum Organon Scientiarum or, New Method of Studying the Sciences The First, Or Introductory Part. Stamped inside by Presentation Brothers * Mount St Joseph, Cork ..
Aneroid Barometer [demonstration]
- An aneroid barometer, invented in 1843 by French scientist Lucien Vidie uses a small, flexible metal box called an aneroid cell (capsule), which is made from an alloy of beryllium and copper. The evacuated capsule (or usually more capsules) is prevented from collapsing by a strong spring. Small chan..
Bausch & Lomb Optical Microscope
- 1 Nikon Objective x40, doesn't focus. 1 BandL x10 1 Eyepiece x5 with scale, fairly dirty. No mirror. Working iris and condensor. No stage clips. ..
Beck Model 47
- Grey enamel. 1 stage clip. 1-sided mirror. 4-objective turret. 2 objectives: x45/. 65, x10/. 17 2 eyepieces: x6, x10 Condensor present, no iris. Coarse focus works, but the tube tends to slide down slowly. Fine focus not working. Wood case. ..
Boxed Capacitor [Vintage]
- Capacitor has a wood top panel, with metal sides and base as well as brass parts on top. As pictured, there is some bluing hidden away in places such as under the capacitor and under the parts which can be screwed out. The part with the black handle is a smooth faced rod which can be removed/added t..
Brass Telescope [vintage]
- Old Brass telescope, 43 cm long, on adjustable stand. ..
Bunsen Grease Spot Photometer [Vintage]
- Grease spot photometer from Griffin and George. Good condition, as pictured. ..
Chart Recorder by Philip Harris [used]
- Still working, but only a short length of paper. A chart recorder is an electromechanical device that records an electrical or mechanical input trend onto a piece of paper (the chart). Chart recorders may record several inputs using different colour pens and may record onto strip charts or circular ..
Crookes Maltese Cross Tube [modern]
- Juliusz Plücker in 1869 built an anode shaped like a Maltese Cross in the tube. It was hinged, so it could fold down against the floor of the tube. When the tube was turned on, it cast a sharp cross-shaped shadow on the fluorescence on the back face of the tube, showing that the rays moved in straig..
Discharge Tongs [vintage]
- Consist of two small metal spheres each mounted on a metal arc and fitted over an insulated handle made of bakelite rod. ..
Durite Voltmeter [vintage]
- Moving-coil voltmeter by Durite, -2. 5 - 18V and -1. 25 9V. ..
Field Microscope [used]
- Good condition, 20x eyepiece, sides of stage disassemble for easier transport. ..
Galvanometer Scale [vintage]
Glass Leg Stand by Baird & Tatlock [Vintage]
- Glass leg stand by Baird and Tatlock of Glasgow and Edinburgh. ..
Griffin Melde's Apparatus [vintage]
- When an alternating electrical current is passed through a Melde's apparatus it causes an attached string to vibrate. The other end should be strung over a pulley with a weight tied to the end. If the pulley is placed at the correct distance from the Melde's apparatus for the frequency of the altern..
Heavy Vintage 'Leigh GS' Microscope [Vintage]
- For spares or repair. ..
Helmholtz Coils for producing a region of near uniform magnetic field [vintage]
- A Helmholtz coil is a device for producing a region of nearly uniform magnetic field. It is named in honour of the German physicist Hermann von Helmholtz. ..
Hi-lyte 300 35mm Slide projector [used]
- Super vintage 35mm slide and film strip projector, 'Hi-Lyte 300' manufactured by Rank Precision Industries Ltd and most likely dating from the early 1960s. ..
Kater's Pendulum [Vintage]
- Kater's Pendulum, assembly required. ..
Kyowa Microscope lamp [vintage]
- This microscope lamp has a projection system of lenses, but I believe that one lens is missing - a final screw on one. Otherwise working, ..
Large Amateur Wimshurst Machine [vintage]
- Incomplete, missing Leyden jars. For a restoration project. Belt for turning the plates is a tightly wound metal coil, in good condition. G-clamp does not come with the Wimshurst machine, but comes with a bag of some original supplies. Disk diameter 20. Aluminium sectors mostly complete, one has a p..
Light Ray Box [vintage]
- Good condition. Light Ray Box by Dick, Son and Lewis LTD. ..
- A deflection magnetometer measures the field lines of a magnet or magnets placed near to it by the amount of deflection caused by the bar magnet. This magnetometer has a magnetometer box and two stems on which magnets can be placed and their distances from the centre measured. It has a glass window ..
Mercury Lamp [vintage]
- Super Pressure Mercury Lamp, for use with spectroscopes/spectrometers. Good condition. ..
Microscope - Beck London model 47 [vintage]
- 9X, 10X and 40X magnification. Finish is slightly faded as pictured. Missing Condenser, iris and light source. X/Y adjustor is very stiff. ..
Microscope - Brass and Black [vintage]
- Original objective lens is missing, a more modern replacement has been added. ..
Microscope - Cooke Troughton & Simms [vintage]
- Good condition with age. Cable for light source is cut. ..
Microscope - Watson Service 3 [vintage]
- Good condition. 10x eyepiece, 4 slots for objective lenses, 2 of which are currently taken. Watson Service 3 plaque on base. Cable for power to light source is cut. ..